Preschool Goals and Objectives
Our goal is to provide a safe and loving environment in which young children can learn Christian values, self-confidence, independence and a respect for others. We provide developmentally appropriate activities that are selected to help children grow socially, emotionally and intellectually. We will strive to do this by helping each child
- - to develop creative abilities
- - to become more independent in caring for self and environment
- - to develop some skill in making choices
- - to respect other individuals and interact successfully with peers
- - to stimulate the development of their senses in order to be aware of the environment and to appreciate it
- - to develop gross motor skills
- - to develop small muscle coordination through the use of crayons, pencils, scissors and manipulative toys
- - to recognize basic shapes and colors
- - to learn the basic meaning of number and to recognize the written numeral
- - to recognize and write his or her name and other written symbols
- - to develop listening skills
- - to use oral expression more easily
Curriculum content is planned by the preschool staff to be developmentally appropriate for young children.
The staff meets monthly to plan and prepare activities to supplement each unit. During the year, your child may enjoy some of the following topics and others as well.
- * I am special and that is good!
- * We have families and friends
- * We can share with others
- * Caring for God’s world (ecology)
Music enrichment classes are provided each week. The activities are planned and presented by Janet Carter, the Music Director at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church.
Preschool Enrollment and Fee Information:
St. Mark’s Preschool is fully licensed by the state of Kansas (license # 0000584-006).
The school also meets all requirements set by the local health and fire departments.
Admission policies are non-discriminatory in regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
physical handicaps or sex, in accordance with Kansas civil rights statute K.S.A. 44-1009.
All children must attain the appropriate age on or before August 31st to be eligible for that class.
Classes for children age 3 years, meet on Tues &Thurs ($120.00).
Classes for children age 4 years, meet Mon, Tues and Thurs ($140.00).
All classes meet 9:00am to 11:30am.
The preschool is not staffed or equipped for diapering. Therefore, all children must be completely
potty trained before attending school.
If you wish to enroll your child, please complete the application for admission and return it with the registration fee to the above address.
There is a $40.00 non-refundable enrollment fee.
If you would like more information or if you would like to arrange to visit a preschool session, please call the school at 913-722-0449. During the summer months, please call Christie Thompson 913-787-7525.